Talks About Cars

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ford Racing Update…

Ford Racing drivers at NASCAR Nextel Cup and Busch Series had a great day at the Texas Motor Speedway.

Matt Kenseth, driver of the No. 17 USG Ford Fusion finished 2nd during the recent Dickies 500 race and placed himself in the 10th spot at the Chase for the Championship.

Kenseth commented after the race:
“I’m happy and I’m disappointed. Whenever you’re leading with three to go, you’re always disappointed when you don’t win. That’s been a couple of races here in a row that’s happened to us, got passed on the last lap. So, I was disappointed in that, but overall, if I look back at the day, it was a great day for us. I don’t think we necessarily had a second-place car most of the day. It was good Friday when we unloaded, and tonight when it got dark it was pretty good again. But during the day we weren’t really any good at all. So that was probably a little bit of an advantage at the end.”

Meanwhile, although Carl Edwards finished the O'Reilly Challenge race for the Busch Series in the 11th place, he still managed to secure his championship title. Edwards commented about his achievement:

"I'm proud of my guys. We had an unbelievable first half of the season. We had some many points. These guys have been working very hard. I'm so grateful to be driving this car. To win it here at Texas, this track has a lot of memories here for me. It's just a really good feeling."

Edwards added: "Hopefully, it's one of many but we're going to try and do it again next year and try to do even better. We've had a lot of really great fortune this season and we've had a lot of bad fortune this season. This took a little bit longer than we thought. I'm just very, very grateful for all the people who have given me opportunities and I'm so glad to be here." SO YOU WANT TO TRY IT AGAIN. "Oh, yeah, for sure. I'll be back next year."
posted by Marley Jones at 5:54 PM

<< Home